A. INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE SITE
• Personal Information. The Foundation does not collect any information that identifies you unless you provide it. Identifiable information that is included in any application for a BlueCross Healthy Space is subject to the terms and conditions of the third-party service provider through whom the application process is run. The third-party service provider may provide the Foundation with your personal information, and the Foundation will use and disclose that information to facilitate the application process and to communicate with you regarding the application.
• “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Site, the Foundation may automatically record certain information from your device including your IP address or other device addresses or IDs, web browser and/or device type, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site.
• Analytics. The Foundation may work with different companies that offer services that can assist the Foundation in better understanding how users interact with and use the Site. For example, the Foundation may use a product called Google Analytics by permitting Google to use technologies such as web beacons and cookies to collect certain non-personally identifiable information that helps the Foundation understand your usage of the Site. The Foundation may permit Google and other third-party analytics providers to combine information collected through the Site with information collected from third-party services, and these analytics providers may use this information to help the Foundation better understand the Foundation’s users. These analytics providers may also use this information to help their other customers better understand their users.
B. HOW THE FOUNDATION USES THE INFORMATION
The Foundation uses information collected on the Site in a variety of ways in providing the Site and operating the Foundation’s business, including the following:
• To provide the Site. The Foundation uses the information to operate, maintain, and provide the Site, to provide other services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and to provide support to users.
• To improve the Site. The Foundation uses the information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of the Foundation’s users, to improve and enhance the Site, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
C. WHEN THE FOUNDATION DISCLOSES INFORMATION
• Service Providers and Other Third Parties. The Foundation works with third-party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, marketing, and other services for the Foundation. These third parties may have access to or process information as part of providing those services to the Foundation.
• Aggregate and Non-identifying Information. The Foundation may share automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information for various purposes, including (i) for compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) to assist the Foundation in improving the products or the Site; or (iv) to assist such parties in understanding the Foundation’s users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Site.
• Compliance with Law and Law Enforcement. The Foundation may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial, or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
• Business Transfers. Information about the Foundation’s users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of the Foundation’s business assets.
• Referrals. The Foundation may request contact information of persons and contacts that users think would like to receive information from the Foundation. The persons referred to the Foundation will be contacted only by the Foundation’s staff. The Foundation uses and treats information the Foundation’s users provide about their referrals in the same way the Foundation uses and treats information about users who register directly with the Foundation. You represent that you have all necessary rights to share the personal information of others with the Foundation.
• Other sharing. The Foundation reserves the right to disclose information that the Foundation believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect the Foundation or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend the Foundation against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site and any facilities or equipment used to make the Site available, or (v) protect the Foundation’s property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of the Foundation’s agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
D. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. The Site is not targeted to children and the Foundation does not knowingly collect information about children under 13. If the Foundation learns that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Site from persons under 13 years of age and/or without verifiable parental consent, then the Foundation will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If a parent or guardian discovers that a child under 13 years of age has obtained an Account on the Site or has submitted personal information to the Foundation, then the individual should alert the Foundation and request that the Foundation delete that child’s personally identifiable information from the Foundation’s systems.
E. DATA SECURITY
The Foundation uses certain physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of personal information. The Foundation cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to the Foundation, and you do so at your own risk.
G. CONTACT INFORMATION